This is a draft high level roadmap that focuses on five goals to meet the vision and outcomes, and shows the alignment of areas of activity to these goals.
- Empower: Create a coordinated and sustainable community of biodiversity data holders, informatics experts data users and decision makers
- Improve: improve capability and capacity; provide and enhance abilities and resources to support data mobilisation; identify and remove barriers for mobilisation.
- Promote: increase awareness of the value, availability, and use of biodiversity data
- Mobilise: encourage and support delivery of New Zealand’s primary biodiveristy data
- Enhance: Support data publishers to increase the scope and the quality of biodiversity data they mobilise.
|Implement a communication plan||+||+||+||+|
|Implement a hosted node for GBIF-NZ||+||+||+||+||+|
|Develop governance tools and frameworks||+||+||+||+|
|Provide a IPT hosting network||+||+||+||+|
|Undertake a user needs analysis||+||+||+|
|Inventory NZ primary biodiversity datasets||+||+|
|Prioritise datasets for mobilisation||+||+||+|
|Support mobilisation of datasets||+||+|
|Undertake gap analysis of capability and capacity||+||+||+||+||+|
|Undertake gap analysis of primary biodiversity data||+||+|
|Implement a training and support programme||+||+||+||+||+|
Indicative timing of activities aligned to phases of implementation.
|Establish||Establish processes, programmes and infrastucture to support GBIF New Zealand||2021-2023|
|Engage||Building participation in, and awareness of, GBIF New Zealand||2022-2024|
|Mobilise||Mobilisation of priority data||2022-2024|
|Expand||Capacity building and increased mobilisation||2023-2026|
|Mature||Maturing and supporting - including reviewing progress||2025-|
Indicative effort for each phase. Note that most phases overlap and integrate.
|Implement a hosted node for GBIF-NZ||+++||+||+++||In parallel, higher levels of functionality may be identified and lead to the adoption of Living Atlas or similar approaches. Implementation of that approach would fall into the Improve phase.|
|Develop and agree governance tools and frameworks||+++||++||+||+||++|
|Implement a communication plan||+++||++||+||++||+|
|Provide a IPT hosting network||+||++||+++||+||+|
|Undertake a user needs analysis||+||+++||++||+|
|Inventory NZ primary biodiversity data||+||+++||++||+|
|Undertake gap analysis of primary biodiversity data||+||+++||+||++||+|
|Prioritise datasets for mobilisation||+||+++||++||+||Highest priority datasets include those supporting national and international reporting (e.g., GBF)|
|Support mobilisation of datasets||+||++||+++||++||+|
|Undertake gap analysis of capabilty and capacity||+||+++||+||++|
|Implement a training and support programme||+||+++||++||++||+|